|Raised so far
There are many important ingredients needed to support those who are blind, deafblind or low vision...
...but the most important ingredients are the wonderful Bikkie Day participants that join us each year!
Registrations are closed for the 2020 event, but don't let that stop you from baking a difference! Get in touch to see how easy it is to hold your own Bikkie Day, and to stay in the loop for Bikkie Day 2021.
Short on time to sell each biscuit individually, Linda simply shared her fundraising page with her network and asked them to donate what they could.
Linda then baked a few bikkies for everyone who donated, be it $1 or $100 – resulting in a whopping $1600 raised for Guide Dogs!
“Guide dogs do amazing things every day, so baking bikkies is me doing my little bit”
“Be courageous and believe that your little gift of fundraising will help someone who needs it more than you know”.
That’s Tristan-Perry’s advice for anyone who’s worried about the fundraising part of Bikkie Day.
16-year-old Tristan-Perry (or TP to his mates) has low vision himself, and raised $1,169 for Bikkie Day 2018. He had no idea his fundraiser would take off so quickly! TP used social media and email to call on his friends and family to help him fundraise online and baked bikkies for all his generous donors
Year 5 students and whanau at Waterloo School raised an incredible $1,065 last Bikkie Day.
Melanie, a parent and part-time teacher said:
“I emailed all the parents in the class and we had at least a dozen parents really keen to help. They baked the biscuits and the kids iced them in class. We set ourselves the goal of raising $250, but the biscuits were so popular with students and staff that we smashed our target on the first day! We baked, iced, and sold all week and were so pleased to raise over $1,000 for guide dogs! It’s cause very close to my heart.”
- Helen Cunningham just donated $52
- Alex West just donated $20.80
- Brenda Mckay just donated $20.80
- scott just donated $145
- roger vincemt just donated $377.52
- Best Start Cash Collection Cash Collection just donated $184.08
- Elizabeth just donated $20
- Chris just donated $104
- Shop supporters just donated $85.28
- Harrison just donated $104
- St John's School just donated $556.50
- Emily just donated $98.28
- Elaine Cooper just donated $41.60
- Mark Mulcare just donated $52
- Nicki Mulcare just donated $20.80
- Jessica Thomson just donated $12.48
- Kilbirnie just donated $25
- Anonymous just donated $102.96
- Paws and play 2017 ltd just donated $350
- Anonymous just donated $10.40